Automated off-site data backup offers several advantages over DVD and tape.
- Automated backups move your data off-site for an added layer of protection.
- It is electronic, eliminating potential media problems such as scratched DVDs or corrupt tapes.
- No need to worry if the backup you did on that tape really worked.
- With automated off-site backup you receive messages such as emails that let you know if the backups occurred and what has been backed up.
- Remote backup is automatic and removes the user’s responsibility to manually perform a backup and to catalog and store the backup media.
- With automated off-site backup there is no need to remember where you put that latest tape or DVD.
- For the mobile laptop user, remote backup allows you to back up and/or recover your data anytime/anywhere with an active Internet connection.
- Restores are much easier using remote backup. Find and restore a file or directory from your backup location using a “Windows Explorer type right click” approach.